Where the Balbi’s Arch stands today, there used to be the main gate to the fortified city of Porton della Pescheria. The old gate was pulled down in 1678/79 and the Balbi's Arch was built in its place. It was built during the time of Mayor Daniel Balbi. The inscription written on a stone board placed on the arch bears witness to that fact.
Turistička zajednica grada Rovinja Rovigno
Pina Budicina 12
Copyright Turisitčka zajednica grada Rovinja 2001-2012. Sva prava pridržana.