History of Rovinj
Rovinj until the End of Middle Ages
Rovinj or Castrum Rubini was first mentioned in Cosmographia by the Anonymous from Ravenna. It is dated to the 7th century AD, with a number of geographic data pertaining to the 5th century AD from which Rovinj chronicler Benussi concludes that Rovinj was founded between the 3rd and 5th centuries AD.More...
Rovinj from the 16th until the 19th Century
Uskoks, while attacking Venetian possessions, penetrated into the town on two occasions (in 1579 and 1599), razed it and burnt it.More...
Rovinj from the 19th Century until Today
In 1816 street-lights were introduced, from 1819 to 1840 - the old school, in 1847 a steam mill for pasta production was built, in 1850 the Commerce-Crafts Chamber for Istria was founded, in 1853 a lighthouse on the island of St. John was built, from 1854 to 1865 - a theatre, in 1852 - cement production facility, in 1859 - Large pier, in 1872 - tobacco factory, in 1878 - wax factory, in 1882 - glass and sardine factory, in 1888 - hospital, in 1891 - Institute of marine biology.More...
Turistička zajednica grada Rovinja Rovigno
Pina Budicina 12
Copyright Turisitčka zajednica grada Rovinja 2001-2012. Sva prava pridržana.